Author Topic: Player of the Month competition - September 2013  (Read 9185 times)

Player of the Month competition - September 2013
« on: December 16, 2013, 07:10:07 PM »

Offline thatguyther

• Clan Member

With the conclusion of the recent TotM, we bring you September's Player of the Month competition!

This time, you'll be playing Gerudo Valley Piano Duet (Main Piano) by Kyle Landry. This was charted by Pearlkryer who won his first ever TotM in a tiebreaker (congrats again :D)

Before anything else, we have the usual rules:
Quote from: Official PotM competition rules
  • Both TTWP members and guests on TTWP forums are eligible to enter the Player of the Month competition. There is no sign-up required for this competition; as soon as a player's name shows up on the chosen song's leaderboards, he has automatically entered the contest.
  • There are two player groups: the iPod/iPhone group and the iPad group. Every participant has to choose one of the track downloads posted below, depending on which type of device he is using. A participant can only participate in one of those groups, an appearance on both leaderboards will result in disqualification.
  • Participants have to play the track in Tap Tap Reloaded.
  • The competition runs for 7 days, and after the time has run out, no further leaderboard changes will be recognized.
  • There will be two winners, which are the players placed first on the leaderboards of each group: One iPod/iPhone winner and one iPad winner. Both will receive the prize of a PotM badge for their profile. Players ranked from spot 2 to 10 won't receive a prize.
  • Both winners will not be able to participate in the following month's PotM competition.

The previous month's winners, brucewiki and thatguyther won't be allowed to participate this time round. For the rest of you, you can download a pre-named track folder or rename yours accordingly:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Your 7 days to submit scores begins now! You have ; this competition will end on December 24, 3.10am GMT+8.

Re: Player of the Month competition - September 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:18:26 PM »

Offline Ic3M0nk3y

• Frigid Whore
  • :3
This is the first player of the month chart hat I can actually FC. It's about freakin' time that something easy (and enjoyable) is the TotM. Good job on the chart Nils, and thanks for setting this up Jem2. Good luck everyone, this will probably be the closest PotM ever.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:51:24 PM »

Offline Markswoman

• Guardia Svizzera del Vaticana
  • Copper Member
  • Angelo I will fucking cut you with my dick
Good luck everyone, this will probably be the closest PotM ever.

I might agree with you on that. With a chart like this, I'm sure it shouldn't be to hard to get an FGC for some people :p Hopefully my fingers won't derp like they always do when I try a chart, because when they do, the whole song is literally fuckedd xD

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 11:14:37 PM »

Offline Pearlkryer

• Obsidian Member
I agree with you jake, now guests have bigger chance. :)
also I nearly FGC'd it hahaha, hope you guys can beat me. (iPad) ;D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:11:23 AM by Pearlkryer »

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 11:15:08 PM »

Offline Hadriel

• TTWP Chief
  • Keyboard Warrior
I'd like to ask: Why link TotM and PotM together? All it does is encourage people to vote for more difficult charts for TotM because "then PotM will be fun". That's not the point. The point is to vote for the best chart, no matter how easy it is. Why not have the system be that the PotM host or the mods decide on one chart from the month for PotM? Doesn't have to be the TotM, just a chart which they think is good and will make for good competition.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »

Offline Pearlkryer

• Obsidian Member
I agree with you on that.
That would be much better.

Edit: nvm
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:10:33 AM by Pearlkryer »

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 12:03:51 AM »

Offline JackFrost

• Leaf Blade Expert
  • Obsidian Member
  • Living in the future
I might be able to not just FC this but FGC this. Problem is the 8x shake. Well best of luck to everyone.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 10:47:10 AM by JackFrost »

12:14:36 ‹JackFrost› We Grovyle are pretty badass until we evolve into a Sceptile
12:14:42 ‹Angelolz› osht that reminds me
12:14:51 ‹Angelolz› Grovilians hahahahaahahah

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 12:14:09 AM »

Offline Pearlkryer

• Obsidian Member
I might be able to not just FC this but FGC this. Problem is the 8x shake. Well best of luck to everyone.

Just wondering, doesn't reloaded have auto x8? Or are you using ttr4?

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 01:41:16 AM »

Offline JackFrost

• Leaf Blade Expert
  • Obsidian Member
  • Living in the future
Just wondering, doesn't reloaded have auto x8? Or are you using ttr4?
Well the whole Reloaded was terrible in which I can't submit scores so I used TTR 3 but I have to shake which sucks. It used to play quite well. It's either I have to use iPad or my old iPod Touch and hope I can FGC on it.

12:14:36 ‹JackFrost› We Grovyle are pretty badass until we evolve into a Sceptile

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 02:29:13 AM »

Offline Hector

• Carbon Member
  • Hector, Yes that's my name ^-^
I almost FGC first try ? any good ?

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 04:19:26 AM »

Offline Ic3M0nk3y

• Frigid Whore
  • :3
I'd like to ask: Why link TotM and PotM together? All it does is encourage people to vote for more difficult charts for TotM because "then PotM will be fun". That's not the point. The point is to vote for the best chart, no matter how easy it is. Why not have the system be that the PotM host or the mods decide on one chart from the month for PotM? Doesn't have to be the TotM, just a chart which they think is good and will make for good competition.
This. Yes. All the way.

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 06:18:13 AM »

Offline JackFrost

• Leaf Blade Expert
  • Obsidian Member
  • Living in the future
Well I forgot to say it. Easy or Hard is not the point (although I have to admit it among the three charts, this one's the hardest) but yeah I agree. But as I said in the above, I'm sure it's all democracy of voting. And to prevent the host from benefiting from your suggestion, I say don't allow the host to play or give the winner to host it in the future.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:30:01 AM by JackFrost »

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 07:52:29 AM »

Offline brucewiki

• Obsidian Member

I would think the best chart would be the most fun to play, like Slenderman was in one of the TotM competitions. It clearly was not the hardest track there, but in the end it won. I would like to think that it won because it was the most fun and well charted track, because that was why I voted for it.
YouTube Channel                 Instagram

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 01:01:04 PM »

Offline Hadriel

• TTWP Chief
  • Keyboard Warrior
Well I forgot to say it. Easy or Hard is not the point (although I have to admit it among the three charts, this one's the hardest) but yeah I agree. But as I said in the above, I'm sure it's all democracy of voting. And to prevent the host from benefiting from your suggestion, I say don't allow the host to play or give the winner to host it in the future.

That's actually a good idea, having the current winner host the next PotM, or at least choose the song.

I would think the best chart would be the most fun to play, like Slenderman was in one of the TotM competitions. It clearly was not the hardest track there, but in the end it won. I would like to think that it won because it was the most fun and well charted track, because that was why I voted for it.

I know, but I've seen some people put their reasons for voting certain subpar charts for TotM as "because I want PotM to be challenging", and that's ridiculous.

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 06:41:36 PM »

Offline brucewiki

• Obsidian Member
I know, but I've seen some people put their reasons for voting certain subpar charts for TotM as "because I want PotM to be challenging", and that's ridiculous.

Well, there's nothing much we can do about that. It come with any form of democracy or any voting system. All we can do is try to advocate proper thought into the votes.
YouTube Channel                 Instagram