Author Topic: Player of the Month competition — July 2012  (Read 30756 times)

Player of the Month competition — July 2012
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:19:55 PM »

Offline JoniTap

• TTWP Legend
    • JoniTap's YouTube channel

Hey everyone,

welcome to July's Player of the Month competition! I'm sorry for the slight delay between this month's TotM and PotM events, but the previous week was my first non-summer break one and lots of work kept me from setting this up earlier. Anyway, participation in last month's (first ever public) PotM competition was simply phenomenal, so I hope you'll have as much fun and motivation this time as well!

One more thing deserves explanation as many of you are new to the PotM business, which is the no consecutive victories rule. Because we want to ensure that everyone gets a chance at winning this competition and that the winners vary from month to month, the winners of the last month's contest are not allowed to play in the following month's event. In this case, that means that shafron1 and Tavis220595 won't be able to participate this time.

Having that said, let's get right to it! Here are the rules, in case you want to take a look at them again:
Quote from: Official PotM competition rules
  • Both TTWP members and guests on TTWP forums are eligible to enter the Player of the Month competition. There is no sign-up required for this competition; as soon as a player's name shows up on the chosen song's leaderboards, he has automatically entered the contest.
  • There are two player groups: the iPod/iPhone group and the iPad group. Every participant has to choose one of the track downloads posted below, depending on which type of device he is using. A participant can only participate in one of those groups, an appearance on both leaderboards will result in disqualification.
  • Participants have to play the track in Tap Tap Reloaded. Themes with short holds are permitted.
  • The competition runs for 7 days, and after the time has run out, no further leaderboard changes will be recognized.
  • There will be two winners, which are the players placed first on the leaderboards of each group: One iPod/iPhone winner and one iPad winner. Both will receive the prize of the current month's PotM badge. Players ranked from spot 2 to 10 won't receive a prize.
  • Both winners will not be able to participate in the following month's PotM competition.

The song you'll be playing is the previous month's Track of the Month, Hadriel's "Amiga vs Gameboy" chart! If you've already downloaded it previously, simply rename the track folder from Hadriel-Dispyz-AmigaVsGameboy.track to either PotM-0712-iPad-AmigaVsGameboy.track for the iPad version, or PotM-0712-iPod-AmigaVsGameboy.track for the iPod/iPhone version.

If you haven't, download the pre-bundled version of the track here:
Amiga vs Gameboy — iPad version
Amiga vs Gameboy — iPod/iPhone version

The competition will end on August 18, 2012, at 7PM GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). That means Rape the leaderboards as excessively as you like until then.

Have fun with following seven days of a hopefully fun and exciting competition! Enjoy! :D

PS: What do you think of the new top banner? 8)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:10:25 PM by JoniTap »
Check out my YouTube channel | TTR projects

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

My "latest" FC video: ABIoDP [HD]

Re: Player of the Month competition — July 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »

Offline Fatal1ty_93_RUS

• Carbon Member
awesome banner

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 12:47:40 AM »

Offline 5outh5ide

• Nuclear Hell Raven
  • ☢CAUTION!!☢
A'ight. LET'S DO DIS THING!
My list of accolades include the Biggest Douche of the Universe award and the World Heavyweight Title.

Videos | Charts

Questions, marriage proposals, and death threats go in TTWP Chat or PM.

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 01:15:33 AM »

Offline sadaretage

• Cobalt Member
No.... I almost broke my hand while playing this track....;;;;;;;;

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 02:35:34 AM »

Offline crayne777

• TTWP Legend
  • BDM2 DLC is up, get it on cydia! :P
lets see who will make it this month
Charter-Database
Youtube-Thread

00:21:30 ‹308146› 308146, LOL YOU FAILURE

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 04:19:29 AM »

Offline brucewiki

• Obsidian Member
Why can't my score be posted onto the leaderboards? It saved onto my personal highscores but doesn't show up in the Top 10 in the World section. There are only 2 scores there so getting too low of a score isn't an explanation. If anyone has a solution, please PM me or reply to this. Thanks guys :)
YouTube Channel                 Instagram

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 05:02:47 AM »

Offline Shloon

• Your only friend.
Fudge, i can't even fc it properly... (damn you, rolls)

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 05:44:40 AM »

Offline neharoni

• Clan Veteran
  • The macaroni of TTWP
Why can't my score be posted onto the leaderboards? It saved onto my personal highscores but doesn't show up in the Top 10 in the World section. There are only 2 scores there so getting too low of a score isn't an explanation. If anyone has a solution, please PM me or reply to this. Thanks guys :)

Delete savedscoressubmission.plist from the ttrel directory, I forgot where it was supposed to be (someone help him out there). Then replay the track and you should be able to submit.
16:41:32 ‹Aarondamasta› Do I look like I eat shit for breakfast?
16:42:10 ‹neharoni› no
16:42:17 ‹neharoni› you drink cum
16:42:18 ‹Aarondamasta› Exactly.
16:42:24 ‹Aarondamasta› wait
16:42:33 * neharoni quit (kicked from TTWP Chatroom by Aarondamasta - reason: fuck you)

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 06:31:34 AM »

Offline brucewiki

• Obsidian Member

Delete savedscoressubmission.plist from the ttrel directory, I forgot where it was supposed to be (someone help him out there). Then replay the track and you should be able to submit.

I search that in iFile using both directory and hierarchy search bars but it savedscoresubmission.plist doesn't show up.
YouTube Channel                 Instagram

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 08:23:40 AM »

Offline neharoni

• Clan Veteran
  • The macaroni of TTWP
Um I think it's two s'es in the '...scoressubmission...' you know.
16:41:32 ‹Aarondamasta› Do I look like I eat shit for breakfast?
16:42:10 ‹neharoni› no
16:42:17 ‹neharoni› you drink cum
16:42:18 ‹Aarondamasta› Exactly.
16:42:24 ‹Aarondamasta› wait
16:42:33 * neharoni quit (kicked from TTWP Chatroom by Aarondamasta - reason: fuck you)

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 11:47:13 AM »

Offline JoniTap

• TTWP Legend
I search that in iFile using both directory and hierarchy search bars but it savedscoresubmission.plist doesn't show up.

The file is called SavedScoreSubmissions.plist, but don't worry about it. Try this:

I'm going for the much-coveted last place in the iPod category, but I can't seem to submit any scores. Anyone knows a workaround for this?

This problem has existed for ages and can have a couple of reasons. First, launch a Terminal (Ctrl+T on WinSCP) and type:
Code: [Select]
chown -vR mobile /var/mobile/Documents/Alternatively, open iFile, navigate to /var/mobile/, hit the little blue arrow beside Documents, toggle "Apply hierarchicly", scroll down to "Ownership", set both Owner and Group to mobile and finally hit Done. (This is exactly what my aforementioned Terminal command does.)

Now open Reloaded and try to submit a score. […]

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »

Offline Tavis2205

• TTWP Legend

The file is called SavedScoreSubmissions.plist, but don't worry about it. Try this:

I'm going for the much-coveted last place in the iPod category, but I can't seem to submit any scores. Anyone knows a workaround for this?

This problem has existed for ages and can have a couple of reasons. First, launch a Terminal (Ctrl+T on WinSCP) and type:
Code: [Select]
chown -vR mobile /var/mobile/Documents/Alternatively, open iFile, navigate to /var/mobile/, hit the little blue arrow beside Documents, toggle "Apply hierarchicly", scroll down to "Ownership", set both Owner and Group to mobile and finally hit Done. (This is exactly what my aforementioned Terminal command does.)

Now open Reloaded and try to submit a score. […]
Maybe also verify that Reloaded.app 's ownership is set to mobile. Another problem that you may be experiencing (because I also experienced it on this track and still do) is that your scores submit later. Say you play the song and get score X and that score doesn't submit, then you replay the song and get score Y (just say it's better tha score X), with me it then submits score X and to submit score Y, I would need to replay the song again. I don't know what causes this or how to fix this but I've had this problem so maybe you're having this aswell.
Also, when will I get my PotM badge?

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 12:56:09 PM »

Offline JoniTap

• TTWP Legend
Maybe also verify that Reloaded.app 's ownership is set to mobile.

Nope, not necessary. If there'd be a problem with the app folder itself, Reloaded wouldn't even launch.

Also, when will I get my PotM badge?

When Logan returns from inactiveness and I can ask him to finally add the awards…

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 01:00:38 PM »

Offline Tavis2205

• TTWP Legend
Maybe also verify that Reloaded.app 's ownership is set to mobile.

Nope, not necessary. If there'd be a problem with the app folder itself, Reloaded wouldn't even launch.

Actually once I had score submission problems and my Reloaded.app's ownership wasn't set to mobile, I changed that and then it worked...

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »

Offline JoniTap

• TTWP Legend
Actually once I had score submission problems and my Reloaded.app's ownership wasn't set to mobile, I changed that and then it worked...

Hmm, that's weird. You see, this is the technical explanation for the problem:

[…] Not the Reloaded app itself is causing the trouble (if something was wrong there, it would not even launch), it's the folder in which your highscores are stored (/var/mobile/Documents/).

In that folder, Reloaded saves your scores as individual .attribs files for every single track, so when you finish a song, your score is immediately written into the track's .attribs file. When that score should now be submitted to the leaderboards, Reloaded reads the song's .attribs file (which was just modified) and submits the highest score inside.

Therefore, a successful score submission is dependent on the successful modification of the .attribs file beforehand. Consequently, if Reloaded fails at writing your score to the .attribs file (or even creating that file if it is your first time playing a song), it cannot submit the score aferwards, because it was not correctly saved. Makes sense, right?

Now, if the /var/mobile/Documents/ folder (or a relevant .attribs file inside) belongs to root, such a failure is inevitably caused every time you finish a song, as Reloaded running as mobile can't save your scores (and therefore can't submit them) because it does not have the rights to do so. That's why it is very important to set the "Owner" and "Group" of both /var/mobile/Documents/ and all files inside to mobile.

So if changing the app folder's ownership worked for you, that's great, but I wouldn't technically know why. :P

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣