Author Topic: Player of the Month competition — July 2012  (Read 30786 times)

Re: Player of the Month competition — July 2012
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2012, 10:31:22 AM »

Offline brucewiki

• Obsidian Member
Wait, doesn't he mean August 18 instead of July 18th? As in, the deadline.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:28:24 PM by brucewiki »
YouTube Channel                 Instagram

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2012, 06:30:04 PM »

Offline JoniTap

• TTWP Legend
    • JoniTap's YouTube channel
Wait, doesn't he mean August 18 instead of July 18th?

Yes, of course. Thanks for noticing, changed it. ;)

I already read that post, and that's what made me think that I might just check if Reloaded's ownership is set to mobile and then I fixed my problem. The way I see it, it's just the same problem the other way around. Reloaded would like to modify the .attribs files however it belongs to root therefore it wouldn't have permissions to change the files that are owned by mobile...

Good thought, but technically that's unfortunately not quite right. The ownership has nothing to do with opening or running a file/application, it is only relevant for the modification of files. Since the Reloaded folder (or any other app folder) is completely static, meaning no files are ever changed by the app itself, it is always solely read and never modified, making the ownership irrelevant. What is important when running something are the read/write/execute permissions, but as I said, if something would be wrong with them, SpringBoard would immediately prevent the app from actually launching.

Also, the permissions an app has while running don't depend on the user its files belong to, but on the user that launched the app. SpringBoard runs as mobile, and therefore all apps (except for some special root apps like Cydia) are launched as mobile as well. So Reloaded always runs as mobile, no matter what the ownership of its app folder may be. ;)
Check out my YouTube channel | TTR projects

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

My "latest" FC video: ABIoDP [HD]

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »

Offline kevinmalo

• Clan Member

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2012, 04:38:18 AM »

Offline Darkcarlos23

• Clan Veteran

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2012, 08:01:38 AM »

Offline brucewiki

• Obsidian Member

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »

Offline kevinmalo

• Clan Member

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2012, 06:16:45 PM »

Offline brucewiki

• Obsidian Member
It's terrible to see that you have 44min left to win this competition and it's already 2:16 in the morning. I'm in Singapore so my time's different. Haiz...

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »

Offline JoniTap

• TTWP Legend
Sorry for the delay guys, I just came back home though and didn't have time earlier. The results are captured, I will announce the winner after I've caught some sleep (so in a few hours). See you then! ;)

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »

Offline JoniTap

• TTWP Legend
Okay, just wanted to finally write up the results, but apparently a guy called The_Fire_Within is first on the iPad leaderboards by 5k. Since I've never heard that name before, here's an important question: Is that guy legit? Should his score count? Please answer asap, as I can't announce the results until this is clarified.

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2012, 08:54:37 PM »

Offline Michaelwopark

• Clan Member
  • :P
I don't think hes legit
Can you really handle what had just been spoken about it?

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2012, 09:16:45 PM »

Offline The_Fire_Within

• Clan Member
  • Carries ttwp husband
I'm the_fire_within. but give the award to drtap. While I did play both boards. So yeah I disqualified myself .

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 07:23:48 PM »

Offline JoniTap

• TTWP Legend
I'm the_fire_within. but give the award to drtap. While I did play both boards. So yeah I disqualified myself .

That's too bad, but thanks for being so honest! As you said yourself, I'll unfortunately have to disqualify you, but you've nonetheless achieved quite a badass score, so even if you're not going home with a badge, at least note this big "thumbs up" from my side! ;)

Well, anyway. Now that that's settled, I don't want to hold back the results for any longer, so here they are:

iPad group
iPod/iPhone group
1. The_Fire_Within — 3.340.730   1. kevinmalo — 3.127.468
2. DrJayTap — 3.335.987   2. krod2998 — 3.085.147
3. gilajoget — 3.318.767   3. valenzxc — 2.988.593
4. _PrinceOfTapping — 3.305.363   4. Darkcarlos23 — 2.559.810
5. ddeennzzeell — 3.012.661   5. thirdHEARTBEAT — 2.372.613
6. sdtddr — 2.847.280   6. dancewithpigs10 — 2.308.772
7. tommoaga2 — 2.813.073   7. thatguyther — 2.253.287
8. zHadriel — 2.631.057   8. lilljo — 1.807.382
9. michaelwopark — 923.721   9. FlyZeusFish — 701.362
   10. C0oki333 — 434.921

Once again, participation was pretty good and all of you did a nice job. However, two individuals managed to claim and defend that top (or in the case of the iPad leaderboards, second) place over the course of the previous seven competition days. Therefore, it is my honor to announce that DrTap and kevinmalo are officially July 2012's Players of the Month! They, as well as the previous month's winners, will receive their badges as soon as we've found new admins that can take care of the job.

Once again, thanks for taking part in this event, I'll hopefully see y'all next time! :D

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2012, 07:53:11 PM »

Offline LingLumba

• TTWP Legend
Why did pigs not win the competition? His ipod score didn't matter at all, and as far as i can tell he was not "cheating" when he submitted his iPad score, he beat jay fairly.

Why is the rule there that if you submit score to both leaderboards you get disqualified? I can see it would be there for obvious reasons so that no one wins the ipad AND ipod competitions in the same month. But he wasn't even close to winning in the ipod group.

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 08:20:56 PM »

Offline Fatal1ty_93_RUS

• Carbon Member
So who's "The fire within" anyway?

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »

Offline JoniTap

• TTWP Legend
Why did pigs not win the competition? His ipod score didn't matter at all, and as far as i can tell he was not "cheating" when he submitted his iPad score, he beat jay fairly.

Why is the rule there that if you submit score to both leaderboards you get disqualified? I can see it would be there for obvious reasons so that no one wins the ipad AND ipod competitions in the same month. But he wasn't even close to winning in the ipod group.

Well, the rule is there so you can't switch devices at one point during the competition and therefore potentially get a "second chance" at winning. Here's an example: Someone plays with his iPad and submits a number one score. After a couple of days, he is beaten though and knows he can't catch up to the score that beat his. But then he thinks, "Actually, I'm not that bad on my iPod either, and maybe the standards on the iPod leaderboards are way lower. So how about trying to win there?", which would be unfair towards the majority of players with just one device.

So much for the theoretical part. As you said yourself, Matt's iPod score was nowhere near a realistic chance at winning though, so the above explanation might not be applicable for this case. So although I'd definitely like to keep the rule as is, I agree that we could make an exception here. Well, what do you guys say? Should we make an exception and make Matt the winner?

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣